This Spring, we are bringing the beauty, sunshine, and magic of the Hawaii islands to your doorstep. Growing up in the Pacific Northwest, Erika fell in love with the laid-back island life and the delicious culinary treasures. We had a chance to visit Honolulu this Summer together and we are thrilled to introduce you to our fabulous hosts and all the goodies we were able to hand-pick during our trip.
- 90-minute Recorded online Cooking Experience with Chef Angela, owner of That Girl Cooks and former Culinary Expert at Williams-Sonoma. Learn how to make 3 local Hawaii staples: Spam Musubi, Garlic Shrimp, and Butter Mochi for dessert.
- 90-minute Recorded online Cultural Workshop with Artisan Gina where you will learn how to make an eco-friendly lei using up-cycled cloth. Giving a lei to someone visiting Hawaii or to celebrate a special occasion is a local tradition. The lei symbolizes the spirit behind the aloha and we love the way this greeting draws you in and makes you welcome.
- Special ingredients that you'll use in your cooking class with Chef Angela, including Spam, Mochiko flour, and Dried Seaweed, and materials to make an up-cycled lei for your Cultural Workshop.
- Locally made snacks and treats, including Da Original Happy Haleiwa Mochi Waffle mix, Coffee Liqueur macadamia nuts from Ahualoa Farms, Maui Shortbread, Little Bear Macadamia or Lehua Honey, Maui Fruit Jellies, and Pineapple Vinegar from Vintage Vinegars.
- Two special gifts that were locally made in Honolulu – a hand-painted rainbow card from Artist Andrew Mau and a Pineapple shaped Felt Coaster from Honolulu-based boutique, Workshop 28.
My family and I loved the recipes from the Hawaiin box! We had a Hawaiian night where we made them all. It was quite a feast!
Spring Box: Honolulu, Hawaii
I look Forword to the arrival each time. I would also love some of the previous boxes I missed. The Germany box had a great recipe and I gifted many of the items because I just liked the cooking experience. This Hawaii box had some interesting finds but the recipe doesn’t interest me. I’ll follow along but no plans on eating. I make the meal with my teenage daughter and the videos have become more streamline. I’m not sure if there is a skip a month option but I do subscribe. We truly look Forword to upcoming adventures.
Winter Box: Rothenburg, Germany
I received Trove as a birthday gift because I am known for my love of cooking, baking and traveling. That said, I have a limited flavor palete so it did take me several months before selecting a box. Once I did, and received the box, I was blown away by the personal touches by Emilie and Erika. I believe in first impressions, and even the box itself was lovely. Everything was well packaged and nothing came damaged. The local treats are huge delight and I love that there was a craft included in my box. Additionally, there was a note from the Emilie and Erika, a guide to what was in the box and a detailed out recipe card for each item we made. I really felt like I was transported to Germany for a night. I had a question regarding the cooking class and reached out to the owners via Instagram. They were quick to respond and personable in their reply. The online cooking lesson was fairly easy to follow along. Since I watched it after it went live, I was able to pause, fast forward and stop as needed. For me, I found this to better than live so we could take our time and make sure everything wad measured out correctly. I did miss out on the interaction with everyone, however. I would highly recommend, and already have. this experience to anyone. It's truly one of the best!