45 years ago, Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars celebrated an iconic win during The Judgment of Paris. In a blind taste test pitting France’s best wine against Napa Valley’s finest, the SLV Cabernet Sauvignon from Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars came out victorious, as well as its prestigious Fay and Cask 23 Cabernet Sauvignons.
To celebrate the day that changed perceptions in the wine world, TROVE and Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars, an iconic producer of fine wine in Napa Valley, teamed up to bring wine lovers and travelers a truly unique travel experience in beautiful Bordeaux, France, all from the comfort of home.
On May 22 at 11 a.m. PST, Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars Winery Chef Travis Westrope and Bordeaux-based Pastry Chef Pascaline Camblong will teach a live, exclusive Cooking Experience.
Special Edition Stag's Leap Wine Cellars Bordeaux Experience:
- 90-minute LIVE online Cooking Experience with Chef Travis & Chef Pascaline on May 22 at 11am PST via Zoom. Menu: Chef Travis will show us how to make a Tuna "Faux-Nato" inspired Salad and Chef Pascaline will demonstrate some fun pastry insider tips as we make Chouquettes, adorable bite-sized pastry puffs.
- 2 Stag's Leap Wine Bottles: 2018 Winemaker Series Petit Verdot & 2018 PTOLEMY Late Harvest Semillon.
- Special ingredients from France and a pastry bag and tip that you'll use in your cooking class.
- Exclusive Stag's Leap Wine Cellars Fay Salts made by Chef Travis at the Winery.
- Judgment of Paris Fun Facts and a beautiful tea towel celebrating the 45th Anniversary of Stag's Leap Wine Cellars' win.
Delicious French snacks, wine-shaped cheese board and a special cheese spreader from France, so you can prep the perfect cheese board to pair with your wine.Wine Tasting Notes:
- 2018 Winemaker Series Petit Verdot - Petit Verdot is one of the five main Bordeaux varietals, along with Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Malbec. Dark and dense with a perfumed nose, Petit Verdot is usually used in small amounts to lift the aromatics and add body and complexity to Cabernet Sauvignon. In 2018, Winemaker Marcus Notaro was extremely impressed by the Petit Verdot from the Battuello Vineyard and decided to produce this bottling.
- 2018 PTOLEMY Late Harvest Semillon - Ptolemy was a first century astronomer and geographer. His Ptolemic Model of the Universe depicted the sun revolving around the earth. Copernicus later determined that the planets circle the sun. And so it is in the Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars universe – our wines focus around dry Cabernet Sauvignon. With the Late Harvest Semillon, the sun revolves around the earth for once, as we take a sweeter perspective.
NOTE: Your wine will ship to you directly from Stag's Leap Wine Cellars, and an adult 21+ will need to sign for the delivery. They can ship to all states except: Alaska, Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Hawaii, Kentucky, Mississippi, Rhode Island, South Dakota, and Utah.