Your Florence Watercolor Workshop
SAVE THE DATE! Join the live Zoom Cooking Class with Betty
- October 4, 2020—10:00AM PST
- October 11, 2020—10:00AM PST
Betty is a textile designer and contemporary painter, who originally hails from Denmark but has called Florence home for over 20 years. Using her everyday life as inspiration, she uses oil bars to draw on the canvas, and then brings in a light wash of color in a similar way as watercolor to add layers and bring important elements to the foreground. Betty started teaching in xx in Denmark, and then, taught for x years at the Florence Institute of Design International. Outside of universities, she started teaching silk screening, drawing, and watercolor for the past year and a half, and found that people really gravitated to watercolor. Her most popular class is a walking tour where they typically paint il Duomo and Ponte Vecchio.
WHAT'S IN YOUR BOX FOR THE CLASS
- 12-color painting set with mixing palette and water brush (this set is perfect for traveling)
- Extra water brush in case you’re painting with a buddy
- Watercolor postcard pad
- Photo of il Duomo - download here
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Glass of water for rinsing your brush
- Piece of cardboard to put behind your paper while you’re painting
- Piece of scrap white paper to help you test your colors
- Paper towel to dry your brush
We can’t wait to see how your painting turns out and how you continue to use your watercolor set. Snap a photo of your process and final creations, and tag us @hellotrove and #hellotrove. Join the TROVE community to interact with fellow Florence travelers, see what others have made, and to interact with Betty – link to FB group?